Saturday, December 04, 2004

Day 57

Both my ELO and scoring percentage remained the same. Since the problems are rated at a 1900 ELO degree of difficulty, one slip will undo 4 correct problems.
I’m finding myself seeing the solutions at a much quicker rate than I did at the beginning of circle 2.

The exercises that have posed a problem seem to require some sort of waiting move deep in the variation, or have been one of the “pain in the rear” games that end in a draw. Some of the draws have been awesome examples of saving lost positions, but a few resemble the "Hey let's go grab a beer as soon as I force you to repeat the position for a third time" kind of things.

I‘m going to make an adjustment on the number of days remaining in the 7 circles exercise since I accelerated the training program during the first circle. Technically if I adhere to the recommended schedule for the remaining problems I only have 52 days until completion of the remaining circles. I have some plans for the next phase of my training that will involve opening preparation.

ELO 2148
Scoring Percentage
Level 10 - 99% (Completed)
Level 20 - 96% (Completed)
Level 30 - 86% (So far)
526 exercises completed 683 remaining in circle 2.
57 days down 52 to go.

No comments: