Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


I hope everyone is doing well!

Chess... Where to start?

Local Chess Club

My main focus over the past year has been to increase the number of members at the club. We have grown from 8-10 to over 50, with 30 of those holding USCF memberships. The goal now is to include scheduled lessons for new players and non-USCF members that are designed to give them the basics necessary to start tournament play. Fortunately several of our higher rated players are volunteering their time and effort to help make this work. We now have so many higher ranked players in attendance that unless you are 1700+ you won't even crack the top 10 on the club rating list.

My Chess
Still playing and studying [nothing rated yet... :)]
My main focus has been geared toward learning endgame fundamentals, review of basic strategic positions and how to convert those into wins, review of master games, tactical exercises (limited), some opening preparation, calculation exercises, and how-to analyze chess positions in order to objectively develop plans (as opposed to wandering around aimlessly looking for tactical shots as I did in the past).

Other than that nothing fancy.

Chess Blogging
Undecided on the frequency, this may just be a one off deal or I may decide to post on a weekly, semi-weekly or even monthly basis. Everyone knows blogging is a time consuming affair, so as far as keeping up with this blog or that blog. I'd rather just spend that time with family and friends. Studying might even be an option. :)
Ideally I would like to incorporate something productive which would serve to reinforce my chess study as opposed to the same old blah,blah,blah... "It's week #428 I have now solved 52,870,621 chess exercises and I still suck!".

The Society of Self-Analysis
Oh yes its coming.
This will be the fun part, where I review my own games and post my blunders and (wtf?) moments for your entertainment pleasure. It is from these gems of "how not to play" wisdom that I will attempt to tailor my study and lesson plans in order to correct the unsightly blight on humanity better known as my chess game.


Stay tuned.

17 comments:

Temposchlucker said...

Good to hear from you again

BlunderProne said...

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Ideally I would like to incorporate something productive which would serve to reinforce my chess study as opposed to the same old blah,blah,blah... "It's week #428 I have now solved 52,870,621 chess exercises and I still suck!".

LOL

Don Q. said...

Good to hear from you, Sanch.

Montse said...

glad to see that this blog will be rolling again!!

Doctor Checkmate said...

If you have the courage to put your blunders on the blog, I will NOT use them for entertainment, but for study purposes only. It's a great idea. I've played over 50,000 games and still need improvement, so any help would be appreciated.

Our Sword said...

Hi, I just created a chess blog and posted a couple of my games (I'm an amateur). I'd appreciate if anyone has the time to maybe analyze and leave feedback about my play or my blog. Thanks.
chessandstuff.blogspot.com

chess addict said...

Hi! can we xlink with my chess blog which features daily chess updates and news? just let me know and i'll add you..thank you.

Blue Devil Knight said...

How's life?

Blue Devil Knight said...

How was 2008 Sancho?

Admin said...

dada

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Chess Instructor said...

This is cool blog:)
And this blog helps you reach mastership in chess :
http://chessmastership.blogspot.com

Chess Sets said...

Cool blog, good stuff.

Chess Sets

Ahead Incorporations: Just Go Ahead! said...

Hi,

Visit http://chessthinkingsystems.blogspot.com/
for a live discussion on different chess playing styles of the World Chess Champions.

Dissertation Proposal said...

interesting.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Happy New Year! <--
that's what i was looking for
Proposal Dissertation

Temposchlucker said...

How are you doing?